General News
Abacha died on top of his Nigerian mistress

The late Sani Abacha
*** Ex-DSS director reveals how former doctor died in his new book
*** Says it’s a window Major Al-Mustapha missed
Twenty eight years after his death, fresh revelation has emerged on how Nigeria’s former head of the military regime, late Gen. Sani Abacha died
Making a stunning revelation in his book, DSS @40, My journey behind the Shield,’ which was presented to the public on Tuesday in Abuja, a former Assistant Director of the Department of State Services (DSS), Dennis Amachree, claimed that Nigeria’s former military Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, died from cardiac arrest during an intimate encounter with his mistress at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
Amachree, who served as Assistant Director, Operations and Intelligence at the DSS Lagos office, when late General Abacha was the head of Nigeria’s military junta, recounted what he described as the events surrounding his death on June 8, 1998.
He explained that the events began after Abacha’s girlfriend arrived at the Aso Rock Guest House with her younger sister, a pharmacist who was in Abuja for a conference.
According to Amachree, “At approximately 2.40 am, shortly after Gen. Useni left, Abacha’s girlfriend, an Igbo lady (name withheld), arrived at the Aso Rock Guest House from the Nicon Nuga Hilton Hotel.”
“With her was her younger sister, a pharmacist who was in Abuja for a conference. The Head of State had just bought his girlfriend a new SUV, and they decided to stop by to say hello to ‘Oga’.
“Abacha was taken with the younger sister, and after a short while, the girlfriend returned to the hotel, leaving the pharmacist alone with the Head of State.”
The former senior security officer further claimed that the former military ruler became unresponsive during the encounter.
“At about 4.05 am, as they were getting intimate, the pharmacist realized Abacha had stopped moving. She called out to him, but he was unresponsive and stiff. She checked his pulse; there was none.
“In a state of panic, she quickly dressed and left the guest house, telling the soldier on guard duty that ‘Oga’ had asked for a car to take her back to her hotel,
“The soldier, unaware of the gravity of the situation, promptly arranged for her transportation. She returned to the Hilton, and after telling her sister what had happened, was quickly driven to the Abuja Airport to catch the 7 a.m. Okada Airline flight to Lagos.”
The retired DSS officer explained further that security operatives later realised she had been with Abacha shortly before his death.
“This is the window Major Al-Mustapha missed. When he was finally informed of Abacha’s instability at 5 a.m., he asked who had been with the General. He was told about the girlfriend’s younger sister, whom they had just dropped off at the Hilton.
“The State Security Service (SSS) was immediately informed and went to the Hilton to arrest the girlfriend, but the pharmacist they urgently needed was already on her way to Lagos.”
Amachree recalled that the woman was later traced to Lagos, adding that he personally interrogated her before she was flown back to Abuja.
He writes: “My team located and brought her to my office. I interrogated her myself. The first thing she said to me was: ‘I did not kill him, he died on top of me.’
“After her detailed account, I called the Director in Abuja, and she was immediately flown back.
“The lady pharmacist’s account, on whom Abacha apparently had a coitus-induced cardiac arrest, remains the true position, and puts an end to the conspiracy theories and half-truths that have gone viral,” he maintained in his book
Before Amachree:s revelation, there have been several unconfirmed accounts of what led to the death of the former military strongman, with some accounts claiming that he died after eating a poisoned apple, as well as other accounts
It would be recalled that late General Sani Abacha ruled Nigeria from November 1993 until his death in June 1998. Before his death, he was allegedly plotting to transmit into a civilian president.
General News
INEC announces Adeleke as winner of Osun governorship election

By Akin Osinwo
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, the winner of Saturday’s governorship election, after he secured the highest number of votes across the state.
The State Returning Officer for the election and Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Prof. Joshua Ogunwole, announced the final results at about 7:24am on Sunday.
Adeleke, who contested the election on the platform of the Accord, polled 511,067 votes to defeat the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Oyebamiji, who garnered 444,815 votes.
With the victory, the incumbent governor has secured another term in office.
Adeleke won in 19 of the state’s 30 local government areas, while Oyebamiji prevailed in 11 LGAs.
The governor recorded victories in Ede North, Ede South, Ejigbo, Iwo, Egbedore, Ife North, Ife East, Ife Central, Oriade, Ifelodun, Orolu, Ayedaade, Ayedire, Odo Otin, Boluwaduro, Ilesa West, Ifedayo, Osogbo and one other local government area.
Oyebamiji, on the other hand, secured victory in Irewole, Isokan, Olorunda, Atakumosa East, Atakumosa West, Ilesa East, Boripe, Irepodun and Obokun, among others.
Giving the final figures, Ogunwole said, “Accredited voters, 1010684, total votes received by political parties, A, 511067, AA, 2308, AAC, 1458, ADC, 17180, ADP, 2946, APC, 444815, APGA, 1475, APM, 234, APP, 114, BP, 111, NNPP, 118, PRP, 83, SDP, 155, YPP, 534, ZLP, 2482, total valid votes, 985079, rejected votes, 207, total vote cast, 1,005,800.”
Following the endorsement of the results by agents representing the participating political parties, the Returning Officer formally declared Adeleke the winner.
“That Ademola Nurudeen-Jackson Adeleke having satisfied the requirements of the law is hereby declare the winner of the August 15 Governorship election and returned elected,” Ogunwole said.
The African Democratic Congress candidate, Najeem Salaam, finished third in the election.
The result brings to a close the keenly contested governorship poll, with Adeleke retaining the governorship after defeating the APC challenger across a majority of the state’s local government areas.
General News
Lakurawa terrorist group kills 4 soldiers in deadly Sokoto attack

By Mohammadu Ahmad
At least four soldiers are feared dead following an attack by suspected Lakurawa terrorists in Kebbe, Kebbe Local Government Area of Sokoto State, on Friday.
The attackers, reportedly numbering more than 300, stormed the town on motorcycles and engaged troops in a fierce gun battle before allegedly attacking shops, vehicles and a hospital.
The heavily armed group was said to have arrived in Kebbe at about 10am, prompting soldiers deployed at a military base on the outskirts of the town to engage them.
A security expert in the state, Bashar Altine, who confirmed the incident, said four soldiers were feared to have died during the confrontation.
However, the reported casualty figure could not be independently verified as of the time of filing this report.
The spokesman for the Sokoto State Police Command, Ahmed Rufai, also confirmed that an attack occurred but said the command was still working to establish the details.
Rufai said he could not confirm reports of casualties, including the alleged deaths of the four soldiers.
Attempts to obtain confirmation from the spokesman of the 8 Division, Nigerian Army, Lt. Col. Olaniyi Osoba, were unsuccessful, as he had yet to respond to a message sent to him as of press time.
Altine said the attackers moved into the heart of Kebbe after the confrontation with the troops, particularly the Sabon Gari area, where they allegedly broke into shops and stole large quantities of mobile phones and bread.
He said the militants also attacked a military vehicle equipped with a mounted rocket-propelled grenade, damaging three tyres and breaking its windscreen.
The attackers reportedly proceeded to the General Hospital, Kebbe, where they allegedly smashed the windows of vehicles parked within the hospital premises, including the vehicle of the Divisional Police Officer and an ambulance.
“They also seized mobile phones belonging to patients at the hospital,” Altine added.
He further alleged that the terrorists took four motorcycles belonging to residents before beginning their withdrawal from the town.
According to Altine, the attackers eventually left Kebbe in the evening through the direction of the police station and proceeded towards communities west of the town.
“Reports from villages west of Kebbe indicate that they entered Ungushi town, one of the districts in Kebbe Local Government Area,” he said.
Altine said there was no confirmation that any of the attackers had been killed despite the reported gun battle with security forces.
“As of the time of writing this report, we have not seen the body of even one Lakurawa fighter that the soldiers succeeded in killing,” he said.
(PUNCH)
General News
Anambra billionaire businessman Joseph Ezeokafor (Jezco) regains freedom from kidnappers’ den

Joseph Ezeokafor
By Ogechi Eloka
Kidnapped Anambra businessman, Joseph Ezeokafor chairman of Jezco Group of Companies, popularly known as Jezco, has regained his freedom.
According to a social media Facebook post by Fred Chukwuelobe, versatile journalist and public affairs commentator, Ezeokafor was released near the boundary between Enugu and Anambra States, close to Ebenebe, near Awka. He was subsequently picked up late at night (Friday) by a family member.
Ezeokafor, the father of popular social media personality Jowi Zaza, was abducted in the early hours of Tuesday while on his way to a prayer ground in Awka, Anambra State.
His release came after days in captivity, during which his abductors reportedly established contact with his family and initially demanded a ransom of N700 million before allegedly raising the demand to N1.5 billion.
Details surrounding his release, including whether any ransom was paid and where he was released, were not immediately available as of the time of filing this report.
The development is, however, a major relief to the family, friends and associates of the businessman, whose abduction had generated widespread concern across Anambra and beyond.
Ezeokafor is the founder of Jezco Oil and Lubricants, a business he established in 1980 and subsequently expanded into other areas of manufacturing and business.
-
Politics3 days ago2027: Advertising experts raise concerns over irregular regulation of sector
-
Uncategorized1 month ago
INEC flags off Mega Continuous Voter Registration Centre, enrols 31,835 new voters
-
Uncategorized1 month ago
PCC Anambra Commissioner pays courtesy visit to FRSC sector commander
-
General News2 weeks ago
2027: Dame Princess Esom-Nwafor Orizu confirmed as APC flagbearer for Nnewi North /South /Ekwusigo Federal Constituency as INEC releases names of candidates
-
Uncategorized1 month ago
Rescue of Oyo schoolchilden: Tinubu commends security agencies, says action breakthrough in fight against criminality
-
Uncategorized1 month ago
My service to my country gave me a profound sense of who I am – Former PSC Boss, Chief Simon Okeke
-
Uncategorized1 month ago
Ignore unverified HIV figures on social media, verify through official channels, says ANSACA boss
-
Uncategorized2 months ago
Hello world!
